Thursday, September 16, 2010

Intensity of Life

I had the choice.

Back about two years ago I had been hired full-time, I was remodeling a kitchen, and Carrie was preggers. I was also smack in the middle of a decision. I needed to decide where my schooling/career ought to go. Many of the guys I work with are over the age of 50. Many, if not all of them recommended that I pursue a BS in Engineering. Its better pay, better life, etc. I started out just continuing on to get my BS in Engineering Technology. This was the shorter, cheaper, and less difficult route. After the first semester, I realized that it was less difficult. So less difficult that it was almost a waste of money. So I changed routes by going into straight engineering.

Really I chose intensity. Every hour of most days is consumed with work, school, being dad and studying. Moreover, I am working on this awesome project at work that is extremely demanding. I had the choice. It is weeks like this that make me wonder if I made the right one.

6 comments:

Rachel Elek said...

Babs! You need a Rachie hug!

We are praying for you!

Joshua said...

Dude. Is there such a thing as the right choice? The wrong choice? I guess you said it right at the beginning. You made the choice. And that's where you are now. And knowing you, you'll bust your ass and come out the other side stronger and better than you were before you made that choice. And you smell good most of the time.

Clay Breedlove said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Clay Breedlove said...

I noticed your middle initial is a "T"...I think it stands for Adam Tiberius Babcock. It is also the middle name of Captain James T. Kirk of the Starship Enterprise. He's a bad a**, your a bad a**! You may doubt your decisions, its only human, but never doubt your ability to "lock it up!" You're one of the few people I've ever met that does everything well ;) You got this, pal...just make sure you enjoy the ride. Live long and prosper, my humble friend.

Adam T. Babcock said...

I appreciate you guys and the prayers. I was hoping that I smelled good most of the time. Damn right this thing needs locked up! On to getting it done.

JR Rozko said...

Dude, did you just post on your blog?! Hope you don't pass up the opportunity to ask, in the midst of the difficulty, "What is the God saying to me? What does he want me to know/feel/do? How you respond in the midst of this will be the key to God doing a formative work in you. Love your tenacity and dedication my friend. Keep it up.